Like phenyl-piracetam, noopept originated in Russia in the 1960s. It produces effects comparable to phenyl-piracetam.
Noopept is taken for all types of cognitive disorders. It can be utilized to increase mental strength, memory, and concentration. It can also be used for other age related memory disorders. Further, it has been shown to have positive effects for improving cognition and memory even in healthy individuals. 1
Noopept could also potentially help those who have already succumbed to dementia, returning them to their prior lucid state of awareness.
Studies show that noopept can postpone and prevent neurological processes that are involved in Alzheimer’s and general cognitive impairment. 2
Noopept’s effectiveness also stems from its ability to modulate certain brain neurotransmitter systems. These systems are strongly implicated in memory, focus, and cognition.
Interaction between neurotransmitters is crucial for continued learning and maintaining a reliable memory over your lifetime. Noopept exhibits a strong neuro-protective effect. Its other potential brain benefits include that might. 3
- Decrease glutamate toxicity that acts as an excito-toxin and causes premature brain cell death
- Increase synaptic neuroplasticity that helps the brain form new neural connections
- Help brain neurons compensate for injury and disease without dying
- Contain astounding anti-oxidative properties to protect neurons from free radical damage
- Increase production of nerve growth factor and brain derived neurotrophic factor that contribute to memory consolidation, recall, and retrieval
- Improve verbal acuity and agility with language